Yes, I know, I know. I haven't blogged in a while. I saw "Julie and Julia" the other night (yes, I still see movies... occasionally) and I don't know how she found time to work, cook, and blog every day.Anyway, Kofi is now 8 months old and is so much fun: babbling, sitting, turning over, standing up (with the help of another human being or a stable piece of furniture). Today I bought those little plastic things that you put in the electrical outlets to keep your children from electrocuting themselves. They even have fancy ones now with buttons that are easier to remove so you can "save your nails" which is a bit sexist, but whatever: I bought the cheap ones and will deal with the ungual problems as they arise. Not sure how we're going to deal with the gating issue. The problem is that the banister is curved and elegant and I don't think I want to put nails or screws into the banister or the newels (if that is the right word) or the other things (I just googled it: they're called balusters) (http://www.stairpartsusa.com/Stair_Builders_Resources_s/192.htm for those of you who want to name parts of your staircases correctly). Someone on my new moms listserv (yes, also sexist) suggested I get a carpenter to make custom gates... I'm thinking some strategically-placed cushions and a helmet for Kofi might be cheaper.
Anyway, if you want to see more of the Kofster, the Kofiman, the Kofinator... please tune into YouTube and search under sjralston and Kofi and you'll find an assortment. My favorite so far is this one:

1 comment:
I'm more worried about the day he catches the cat than about the stairs. Maybe you could outfit him with the protective sleeves they use for Schutzhund training to go along with his helmet.
Post a Comment