OK. Three gates down, one, maybe two to go. Let's just say, it's been educational. Each one is easier and looks better than the last; I would post pictures, but I'm a bit embarrassed by some of the results. My tool hand (the right one) has suffered minor injuries only (one blister, one abrasion, and one bruise) and my left hand had a splinter a few weeks ago. Which reminded me of the times my mother used to take splinters out with a straight pin that had been passed through a burning match to sterilized it. It made me wonder when Kofi would get his first splinter and the tools I would use to remove it (I'm envisioning supplies stolen from the hospital: a packaged sterile needle, an alcohol swab, and of course some topical anesthetic cream probably left over from a circumcision).
The adoption becomes final in 5 days. I'm so excited, much more than I thought I would be. I guess I feel that Kofi is already my son, that the legal event sealing him to me and me to him should not seem that important, but I guess it is. Anyway, I've taken most of the day off for the event and will celebrate in the evening with friends...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment