Sunday, January 4, 2009

Turns out I needed help


What was I thinking? 

Josh is here for a week and it is such a blessing. He cooks, cleans, shops, watches Kofi while I work out, and makes homemade brownies for dessert.

So today, I decided that, indeed, I need more help for when he leaves. It's just crazy to think that I can do this on my own. So my Mom is flying in from London for 2 weeks. And then my sister is flying in from Seattle for a week. And then it will be February and I hope that I will have a Nanny in place by then.

The nanny search, I fear, may require a blog of its own. I put an ad on Craigslist last night and I've had over two dozen responses. Some I deleted immediately (I think they should have to be able to spell "nanny" correctly) but some seem (emphasis on the seem) like real possibilities. Tomorrow I'm going to make my first phone calls...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't they have Nanny AGENCIES in Boston? You know, background checks, fingerprints, all that stuff...

And - don't you have about a zillion COLLEGES near you? How about a respectable MIT student?

I dated one once....he was sort of respectable. Brilliant mind...but couldn't find hs way out of paperbag with a map and a flashlight... Ok, maybe not MIT. Northeastern? Wheelock?

Anonymous said...

Free Listings
1. Annie's Nannies, N. Andover, MA, Contact: Susanne Vigneau, 978-683-6081
2. At Home Care Provider Network, Sunderland, MA, Contact: Jami Filiault, 413-665-9675 ext.2
3. Boston Nanny Centre, Inc., Newton, MA, Contact: Jennifer Russo, 617-527-0114
4. Boston's Best Babysitters, South Boston, MA, Contact: Jennifer Garnache, 617.268.7148
5. Cass & Company Nanny Placement & Domestic Staffing Agency, Boston, MA, Contact: Sara Cassinelli, 888-453-2277
6. Hawthorne Domestic Services, Teaticket, MA, Contact: Christine Hawthorne, 508.540.0074
7. Minute Women, Inc., Lexington, MA, Contact: MaryAnn, (781) 862-3300
8. Nanny Poppins, Andover, MA, Contact: Jennifer Bouchard, 617-697-0052
9. Parents in a Pinch Inc., Brookline, MA, Contact: Davida Manon, 617-739-KIDS
10. Sitter Solutions, Forestdale, MA, Contact: Alissa Hufnagel - Placement Manager, 508-404-5558
11. The Original Nanny Service, Worcester, MA, Contact: Judy Shapiro-Flynn, 508-755-9284
12. The Washburn Agency, Boston, MA, Contact: Sarah Washburn, 617-848-9256

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe you survived Yale.

Here:

http://www.beaconhillnannies.com/

Jess Jonas said...

Steven, maybe you should not post this comment as it will be the 3rd comment I have left and people will know that I have no life. What I want to state for the record is that I am very jealous of Kofi's future nanny. I asked Tom if *I* could apply to be his nanny, but he reminded me that I kind of need a nanny myself. Just in case you have trouble finding a spelling-bee champion nanny, know that I can correctly spell that word and many, many others.