Sunday, June 28, 2009

Yes, it's been a while.

Here are the vitals: 6 months, 21lb (on the bathroom scale... pediatrician's scale next month), cuter by the minute. Eating solid (well, pureed) foods with appropriate changes in his poops (yes, I'm one of those parents that thinks everyone wants to know about his kid's excretory achievements). Sitting-up well, great hand coordination, not really interested in rolling (yes, too heavy, I think). Babbling, babbling, babbling.

And he loves it when I sing especially "The Kofi-man Song":

Who can be born in Texas,
In 2008,
At 9:42 in the morning,
December 19th was the date?
The Kofi-man!
Yes, the Kofi-man can!
The Kofi-man can 
'Cause he fills your heart with love;
He's a perfect kinda guy.

Who can sleep for hours,
Wake up with a scream,
Suck down all his formula,
And be his father's dream?
The Kofi-man!
Yes, the Kofi-man can!
The Kofi-man can 
'Cause he fills your heart with love;
He's a perfect kinda guy.

His weight is off the graph,
I love to hear him laugh:
It's satisfying and delicious.
Oh, well talk about your fatherhood wishes:
Can't wait 'til he can do the dishes!

Little Kofi Benjamin
Came as a surprise.
But, who could put such joyful tears
Into his father's eyes?
The Kofi-man!
Yes, the Kofi-man can!
The Kofi-man can 
'Cause he fills your heart with love;
He's a perfect kinda guy.


1 comment:

Kathryn Alves-Labore, Goddess said...

That hair....!

Glad to see you and he are doing well. He is so darned cute!!

(I thought of you yesterday as Elinor had a major screaming fit over being told "No" by Momma. Heeeheee...Just you wait!)

Be well!