Today I went on to aa.com to check my reservation to Houston and almost had a coronary when I saw that all my reservations were cancelled except my trip to London, the trip I thought I had actually cancelled. (OK, the Houston trip wasn't cancelled. Just mislabeled. Phew.)
Not that I don't want to see my parents, but last week I had spent about 45 minutes on the phone with AA (no, not that AA, the other one) to change my London trip to a Houston trip. The very nice woman at American Airlines was quite sympathetic to my plight, let me change my ticket without the usual $250 change fee for an international flight, and also gave me a "compassion fare" for my trip to Houston.
When all was said and done, I had a flight booked to Houston with a flexible return date, and a $200 voucher for future travel.
All I need is a doctor's note!
Meanwhile, Emily called me today. All is well in Texas. For those of you who are interested in these things, she's swollen and uncomfortable, her BP is 120/73, her fundal height is 37cm and her cervix is 2cm dilated. It's obstetrical perfection.
And I finished my last paper for the semester!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hmmm..Swollen and uncomfortable=obstetrical perfection? I think you need to eat lots of salty spicy food and then you can experience this perfection!
Post a Comment