Saturday, December 13, 2008

No news is good news?

Tonight I saw my last work of theater for a while, I expect. Kander and Ebb's "Chicago". Great dancing, but I've never loved the show (thought the movie was better). 

Not much to report on the adoption. All seems to be well in Houston. Emily is feeling fine, though her doctor has scared her about the birth and now she thinks she will need pain medications. I told her I would be a good support person (a doula) (or what I call the birth-equivalent of a sherpa) and help her avoid an epidural if that's what she wants. I think she wants to be a "strong African woman" but her doctor is trying to convince her not to have that goal. Not sure why. I guess I'll find out Friday when I meet the doctor.

I stopped at work and the nurses on the postpartum floor prepared 2 bags of purloined goods including diapers, formula, t-shirts, baby shampoo, and vaseline. They are all thrilled for me; it's like having several dozen mothers looking out for me.


No comments: