Monday, December 22, 2008

Sleepless in Houston

Well, actually, I'm not that sleepless yet. I'm sure tomorrow will be harder than today, which went really well. Kofi was totally cooperative (kooperative?) and slept well. We gave him his first bath which, well, he basically hated. It's hard not to feel I'm scarring him for life every time he cries, but I'm pretty convinced that I will have many more opportunities to affect his chances for long-term happiness in the days to come.

It's about 10:30pm now, and he's due to wake up soon. I'll try to get a couple of ounces into him and then get some sleep.

I spoke to Emily tonight. She sounds OK, glad to be out of the hospital. I'm probably going to bring Kofi to visit her on Xmas eve. It's a strange dance: wanting to help her separate for her sake and my sake, wanting to preserve a connection for Kofi's sake.

Dear little Kofi. Tonight he is well behaved and perfect. I wonder who he will become tomorrow and the next day and the next day? I feel so lucky to be able to be with him on his path towards Kofidom. I can't wait for you all to meet him! 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Steven, Congratulations! I am so glad for you.. enjoy 'little" Kofi! I am very happy for you.. Merry Christmas!! Happy Hanukah! and Happy New Year!
I would love to see him!
Cyn K--ultra