Friday, December 26, 2008

Don't Hold Your Breath...

My paperwork is stuck in Fedex limbo... it hasn't even been delivered to the Texas State Adoption Agency (or whatever they are called) and the office is closed today, so at best it will get there Monday. If I'm lucky, Boston will get it Tuesday or Wednesday and then I'll be home Thursday or Friday next week.

It's a little frustrating, because they could have gotten the paperwork to Austin on Tuesday, but they were waiting on some lawyer to write some letter that didn't get written until Tuesday morning... it's also a little odd to have your movements restricted like this. It makes one feel like a fugitive, or some underprivileged citizen.

But, the glass is totally half-full. Who am I kidding? My glass runneth over. So there is nothing to be done but enjoy my time here in Houston with Kofi (and Josh for the next few days).

Happy Boxing Day to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude - there are worse places to be stuck. Have you viewed the weather on the east coast latley?