I leave for Houston in 4 days. I still have one last paper to write for my Genetics and Public Health Law class (I've been procrastinating in a big way) (in case you're wondering, I dropped most of my classes for the Spring semester, but keeping one class that EVERYONE tells me I don't even need to go to in order to pass -- it's a required course in Behavioral Sciences -- which would be abbreviated as B.S. but the dept. is actually Social and Behavioral Sciences). Anyway, I'll be looking for babysitters from 6-8:45pm every Thursday evening (you know who you are). I know, I know, I should not commit to anything yet, but I don't want this MPH to drag onto 2012. I promise I'm not going to be singing (except to the baby) (or in the shower -- I will have time for showers, right?), or going to the theater (as much??) or reading as much Proust (sorry, Phil) (or reading anything for that matter).
The picture I posted today is all the clothes I've gotten in the past few days; it's from my phone, so it's not that clear, but I think I have enough to last a week or so... Lots of blues and greens and they are all adorable.

2 comments:
No shower for you!
You've got to get a bouncer (and later an Exersaucer, aka ignorinator) if you want to take a shower.
Congratulations, Steven!!! This is wonderful news!! He is beautiful! I love his name!
Not sure if you want this advice on all the stuff you'll need: but, here's my short list of of baby gear I wish I'd bought the first time around: snap-n-go, pack-n-play, and boppy pillow (not sure if it's as necessary if you're not breastfeeding, but it does help prevent DeQuervain's tenosynovitis, so I think I'd still recommend it).
Also, my last unsolicted tip: baby-wearing is key to functioning like a normal person: a sling, one of those long wrappy cloth things-- v. cool (they weren't sold when my kids were born), or Sarah's Ride, etc (I hated Baby-Bjorn--killed my back).
Can't wait to meet Kofi in person.
Melissa Bartick
Post a Comment