Friday, December 5, 2008

The Birthmother

I had a long conversation with Emily, the birthmother, last night. She seems like a terrific person: smart, articulate, funny, self-effacing. She seems really committed to me and to adoption. We talked about things ranging from her family, her religion, pain control in labor, to circumcision (she wants it for cultural reasons). It's a huge contrast to my experience with the last birth mother I was connected with who was an ambivalent teenager.

I haven't seen any medical records yet, but the agency says that everything looks good... as you can imagine, I'd like to see them with my own eyes. Emily's obstetrician won't talk to me directly, which only annoys me a little bit.

But, need to keep my thoughts positive...

Fingers remain crossed.

I fly to Houston in 2 weeks.

In the meantime I've been trying to tie up every loose end I have here at work and at home.

No comments: