I think I have gastritis. I've been popping antacids and Pepto Bismal for several days now. I think my stomach hasn't been this unsettled since my first year of medical school. For some reason dealing with high-risk pregnancies, emergency cesareans, hemorrhages, and the like, my stomach is just fine.
But the prospect of seeing my own baby be born tomorrow has my stomach churning out the hydrochloric acid... I'm sure this is making many of you chortle away.
Lucia, my friend the former yoga instructor says I should just breathe.

2 comments:
That is the sign of a great parent! I will be thinking of you tomorrow. You are also lucky to have missed the next snowstorm that could have delayed the flight! I think all the moons are aligned for you this time!
I'm so excited for you. Thinking good thoughts! Also, in response to things not to tell an expectant parent, please don't worry about pet hair. My lovely child and his clothing have been covered with fur since he was born, and the only ill effect he's suffered has been a bad case of sibling rivalry with a golden retriever.
Post a Comment