
First, I swear I am not at all (OK, not very) neurotic and I my parenting philosophy so far is: let him do what he wants to do; if he wants to sleep, let him sleep; if he wants to eat, let him eat; etc. But each of these has crossed my mind at least once:
1. Is he breathing?
2. Is he breathing normally?
3. Is he peeing/pooping/eating/breathing/focussing enough?
4. Is his neck in a normal position?
5. Is he comfortable?
6. When is that umbilical cord going to fall off?
7. Am I diapering him correctly? (The answer to that one was sadly no, which is why he was peeing on himself. The solution came to me on its own: point the penis down. Duh!)
8. Is he enjoying this version of "Carousel" or would he prefer the Original Broadway Cast recording?
OK, maybe the last one is more specific to me and doesn't belong on a generic list of fathers' worries...
Anyway, so far, things here in babyland (aka Stafford, Texas) are great.
Josh arrives tomorrow. Yay!

No comments:
Post a Comment