Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I took call last night: 4 babies, 3 mothers (you do the math) and now I have my last class of the semester tonight and my flight leaves tomorrow morning at 6:45AM (seat 4E, in case you're interested... yes, I got upgraded: a harbinger of good things, I hope). (If I learned anything from my ex, it was how to travel in First Class as often as possible while paying coach fares.)

I left work today pushing a stroller/car seat combo (a Snap 'n' Go for those of you in the know), more bags of clothes, swaddling supplies, toys, and miscellaneous other baby things. I thought to myself as I passed colleagues in the hallway, "People must think I'm a father."

I paged my boss to say goodbye and was crying before she even called back. I think I might be a real mess in the delivery room.

And no, I have not started packing yet.


No comments: