Saturday, December 20, 2008

14 Hours, But Who's Counting?

Emily will (hopefully) be signing relinquishment papers tomorrow morning. She and the baby are staying in the hospital until then. There is absolutely no sign that she is changing her mind or ambivalent in any way. I'm only slightly anxious, but we bought a bottle of red wine to help the evening pass quickly.

Marsha has been a godsend. Today was just perfect. We spent a few hours with Emily and then Kofi this morning, and then we went and checked out our lodgings for the next 10 days (Homewood Suites in Stafford, TX) which are quite nice. It's a one bedroom apt with a kitchenette. It seems clean and plenty spacious, and with a door to the bedroom so we can have some privacy and quiet time if we need it. Then a little shopping for the baby (formula etc.)  and then back to the hospital for more time with Emily and Kofi.

Ok, he is just perfect. I can't even type that without welling up with tears.  He's so lovely and sweet-smelling  (yes, I know that will pass), and soft, and so peaceful, and he only spit up a little today, and well, it's just impossible not to love him.

I'll post confirmation tomorrow when he's really mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is your gastritis better???
xo ESR

lauren said...

Actually, the "sweet-smelling" part doesn't pass. They ALWAYS smell delicious. Maybe the peace part doesn't last forever...but that's OK too.
I cannot WAIT to meet him!