Monday, December 8, 2008

Leave Approved

My boss came through. My leave has been arranged. Of course they haven't really fixed the policy (i.e. no leave for adoption or paternity) but they are pulling an HR fast one by pretending I'm taking back vacation that is due me (which, if any of you know me, is far from the truth: I'm very good at taking my vacation days).

But, it's a relief.

Emily (the birthmother) has an appointment with her OB today, so hopefully I'll hear more about her induction date. (Yes, she's being induced. Don't ask: I don't know why.)

2 comments:

Josh said...

In other news to the Commonwealth from Our Nation's Capital, Steven's Washington friends, Josh and Marsha, are planning nanny trips to Houston for Christmas.

Unknown said...

Oh, enjoy the time you have to write down parenting lyrics while you can... you won't have it for long! I am so excited about this. No one needs to ask your mother-- you are going to be a wonderful parent.
much love,

Jen