Well...I'm not!
While my long-term plan is to have a live-in nanny (a Mrs. Livingston to my Mr. Eddie's Father) (that's a reference to "The Courtship of Eddie's Father" in case you missed that, a 1960's Bill Bixby -- yes the Incredible Hulk -- vehicle) but my short-term plan is to (a) take leave and have friends come visit and keep me sane, then (b) have my family (my Mom and my sister) help me when I start back to work part-time in February, while all the while searching for that perfect Nanny who is a the right combination of Julie Andrews, Angela Lansbury (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, not Sweeney Todd), Juliet Mills (Nanny and the Professor -- trivia: sister of Hayley Mills of Pollyanna and The Parent Trap fame) and maybe just a hint of Fran Drescher...
And short-short-term, while I'm in Houston (I have to stay there about 2 weeks while the legal stuff gets worked out), my two ever-faithful and generous friends Marsha and Josh will be visiting and staying with me and helping me keep Baby _______ clean and fed and sung to. They deserve some sort of reward or sainthood or perhaps part of my liver someday.

1 comment:
I was in Bye Bye Birdie in camp and sang this song!!
Elizabeth
Post a Comment